Before completing this application form, please read the following information carefully.
This programme is for persons who do not possess an undergraduate degree.
The Entrance Committee will consider complete applications only. The following documents are required.
- One (1) completed B.Ed application form
- One (1) certified copy of academic certificates, diplomas and other qualifications
- One (1) certified copy of the applicant’s Birth and Marriage certificates
- One (1) Medical certificate verifying the applicant’s ability to pursue the programme
- Two (2) passport sized photographs
- Two (2) completed confidential reference forms.
Please note that original certificates should be presented with the application form for verification. Also note that the referee should be familiar with you and your academic abilities, personal attributes and should not be a relative.
The minimum entry requirements for admission to the primary programme of the Bachelor of Education are five subjects in the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) at General Proficiency Grades I, II or III, or five subjects in the General Certificate in Education – Ordinary (GCE “O”) level. These subjects should include:
- English A (English Language)
- Social Studies or History or Geography
- One additional subject
All applicants should possess a computer to access classes.
Please arrange for transcripts from academic institutions (where applicable) to be sent directly to Erdiston Teachers’ Training College in time for the deadline for receipt of applications. Persons who completed the Two Year In-Service Certificate or the Associate Degree in Education at Erdiston Teachers’ Training College are not required to submit transcripts.
Application forms not accompanied by the relevant documents will NOT be considered.